The Spartan Echo is accepting applications now for all editor positions. Editors will serve during the fall 2015 semester and may receive a performance grant for their service. Amounts vary by position. Some work—done from home—will be necessary during the summer break to prepare for the fall semester. Please see the Spartan Echo staff page at https://nsuspartanecho.wordpress.com/staff/ for more information.
Students with previous professional or student media experience are strongly encouraged to apply, but previous experience is not necessary. Students from any major may apply. Applicants, however, must meet the minimum qualifications for all positions (listed below).
Applications are available online from Student Activities.
Applications will be accepted via e-mail at email@example.com through April 10th.
All potentially qualified applicants will be interviewed by the faculty adviser and must supply work samples at that time. Follow-up interviews and grammar testing may apply. Positions are awarded after the current spring semester final grades are posted.
Minimal Qualifications for All Positions
– pre-registered for 15 or more credit hours for fall 2015
– 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher
– 2.0 GPA or higher for spring 2015
– agreement to adhere to journalistic standards
– ability to follow instructions and meet deadlines
– time and dedication to perform staff duties
– attendance/participation in staff meetings