Saturday, October 7, 2017 | 10am-2pm
The Salvation Army Kroc Center College Readiness Fair will provide high school juniors and seniors in the Hampton Roads area with access to higher education and other opportunities that are available to them after graduation. Four-year and two-year colleges, trade schools, public service training and the Armed Forces will be on site.
There will be FAFSA Lab sessions where students will be able to learn more about FAFSA and, if they have the time, will be able to sign up for FAFSA. A limited number of computers will be made available in the lab for those who wish to signup. Wifi will be available to those who supply their own computer.
If signing up for FAFSA, there are a few items required to do so.
* Your Social Security card and driver’s license, and/or alien registration card if you are not a US citizen.
* Your parents income tax returns, W-2 forms and 1040 forms if you are a dependent (and you are unless declared otherwise). If you or your parents have not completed your taxes yet, you can estimate your income and other tax return information, and then correct your application after you have filed your taxes.
* Your federal income tax returns, W-2, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool).
* Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable).
* Records of untaxed income (if applicable) An FSA ID to sign electronically.
* If you are a man, 25 years or younger, you must be registered with Selective Service.
Other services include volunteer signups, nutritional demonstrations and site tours.
A continental breakfast will be served from 9:15am-10:15am. RJ’s Café at The Kroc Center will have lunch specials available for purchase.
This event is free and open to the community Saturday, Oct. 7th from 10am-2pm at The Salvation Army Kroc Center, 1401 Ballentine Blvd, Norfolk, VA 23504.
For more information on the College Readiness Fair, contact the welcome desk of The Kroc Center at 757-622-5762.