The Thurgood Marshall College Fund has set aside $500,000 for the Class of 2015 to help graduate any senior who has a remaining balance that will prevent him/her from graduating this fall semester. To be eligible, applicants must:
· Be a graduating college Senior
· Attend one of the TMCF’s 47 member-schools, such as Norfolk State University
· Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
· Have an outstanding account balance between $500 and $3,100
· Be a U.S. citizen or legal resident alien
Applicants must submit the following documents for consideration:
· Resume (should demonstrate community service and leadership abilities)
· Current Account Balance Statement
· 2015 Student Aid Report
· College Transcript (official or unofficial)
· Essay with a minimum of 500 words on the following topic: What are your post-graduation plans and how will the GAP scholarship help you to achieve your goals? The deadline to apply is Dec. 18.
For more information about the scholarship requirements, visit http://tm.cf/223 or http://tmcf.org/our-scholarships/current-scholarships/tmcf-lowes-gap-scholarship.